The List of Books Reviewed
- D.W. Wilson, Once You Break a Knuckle, Bloomsbury: London 2012. Reviewed by Debra Martens (30 May 2012).
- Susan M. Toy, Island in the Clouds, IslandCat Editions 2012, 183 pages. Reviewed by Jane Christmas (6 March 2013).
- Sandra Djwa, Journey With No Maps: A Life of P.K. Page. McGill Queen’s University Press, 2012, 418 pages. Reviewed by Debra Martens (4 June 2013).
- Adam Gopnik, Winter: Five Windows on the Season, Quercus: London, hardcover 2012. Reviewed by Debra Martens (21 December 2013).
- Audrey Thomas, Local Customs, Dundurn: Toronto; distributed by Gazelle Book Services in UK, 2014, 202 pages. Reviewed by Charlotte Stein (15 July 2014).
- J.William Galbraith, John Buchan: Model Governor General, Dundurn 2013. Reviewed by D. S. Proudfoot (27 August 2014).
- Patrick deWitt, The Sisters Brothers, House of Anansi 2011. Reviewed by Jane Christmas
(10 September 2014).
- Margaret MacMillan, The War that Ended Peace: How Europe Abandoned Peace for the First World War, London: Profile Books 2013, 699 page hardcover. Reviewed by D. S. Proudfoot
(11 November 2014).
- Eliza Robertson, Wallflowers, Bloomsbury: London 2014. Reviewed by Debra Martens
(19 November 2014).
- Pascale Quiviger, The Perfect Circle, translated by Sheila Fischman (Cormorant Books 2006).
Reviewed by Jane Christmas (27 November 2014).
- Jane Christmas, And Then There Were Nuns. Greystone Books, Canada & Lion Books, England 2013. Reviewed by Isabel Huggan (3 December 2014).
- Anna Snaith, Modernist Voyages: Colonial Women Writers in London, 1890-1945, Cambridge University Press 2014, 278 pp hardcover (ISBN: 9780521515450). Reviewed by Debra Martens
(28 January 2015).
- Charles Foran, Planet Lolita. HarperCollins 2014. Reviewed by Eleanor Proudfoot
(19 February 2015).
- Demetra Angelis Foustanellas, Secrets in a Jewellery Box, self-published as Kichissippi Publishing 2014. Reviewed by Sonia Saikaley (17 June 2015).
- Rawi Hage, Carnival, House of Anansi Press: 2012, 289 pages. Reviewed by Irene Marques
(15 September 2015).
- Ann-Marie MacDonald, Adult Onset, Sceptre: London 2014. Reviewed by Michelle Smith
(1 October 2015).
- Kate Pullinger, Landing Gear. Doubleday Canada 2014, hardcover 286 pages.
Reviewed by Debra Martens (4 November 2015).
- Joseph Boyden, The Orenda. Oneworld Publications 2013, hardcover, 490 pages. Reviewed by Debra Martens (20 January 2016).
- Mandy Treagus, Empire Girls: the colonial heroine comes of age. University of Adelaide Press 2014. Reviewed by Debra Martens (8 March 2016).
- Yann Martel, The High Mountains of Portugal. Knopf Canada 2016, 332 pages.Reviewed by Hubert O’Hearn (29 March 2016).
- Rachel Cusk, Outline. Harper Perennial 2015]. Reviewed by Kim Reynolds
(11 May 2016).
- Ann Charney, Life Class. Cormorant Books 2013, 230 pages). Reviewed by Sonia Saikaley
(1 June 2016).
- Dionne Brand, Ossuaries. McClelland & Stewart: 2010, 124 pages. Reviewed by Irene Marques
(28 June 2016).
- Tess Fragoulis, The Goodtime Girl. Cormorant Books 2012. Reviewed by Demetra Angelis Foustanellas (28 September 2016).
- Guy Delisle, Chroniques de Jérusalem. Éditions Delcourt 2011. Reviewed by Debra Martens
(6 October 2016).
- Sharon Johnston, Matrons and Madams. Dundurn 2015. Reviewed by Debra Martens
(11 November 2016).